22 April 2012

52-Week Challenge: Week Seventeen

Okay, I admit: I failed miserably at last week's challenge.  What should have been the easiest and most fun challenge we've had thus far turned into a nightmare.  I just could NOT shake this horrible mood I've been.  I saw no humor ANYWHERE.  Maybe it's this ungodly heat.  Maybe I'm PMS'ing.  Maybe I'm just a grouch.  Whatever it was, it was here to stay and making me quite an awful "rhymes with witch." I promise I will try harder next week.

Anyways, moving forward.  This week's challenge is entitled "Get Five Squares a Day."  It involves developing a regular eating schedule that keeps you feeling satisfied all day.  The book suggests that instead of focusing on three large meals, focus on trying to eat five or six smaller meals throughout the day.

Now, this might work for some people, and I'm all for finding a schedule.  But really--five or six times a day?  That just doesn't work for me.  First of all, who has TIME to eat five or six times a day?  Secondly, is anyone really hungry five or six times a day?  I apologize if some of you are, but I'm really not.

So I say, this week, focus on finding a plan that works for you, and stick to it.  For me, it's 3 square meals and an afternoon snack.  In fact, I find my meals lining up with my son's meals.  Here is my schedule:

7:00--Wake, feed MJ, eat breakfast
11:00--Feed MJ, lunch
3:00--Feed MJ, afternoon snack
6:30--Feed MJ, dinner

It works for me because I know I have to stop and slow down during those time periods to feed my child; why not feed myself as well?  I read somewhere that most people's bodies are on a 4 hour schedule anyway, which is exactly what MJ's feeding schedule is so--perfect.  Honestly, I can't imagine trying to shove another two meals into my day.

So I might be veering off from this week's challenge a bit, but it's only because I've found a system that works for me.  If you need to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day, please feel free to do so.  The most important thing is to find a schedule that works for you (and by working for you I mean that you aren't overly full or starving at ANY POINT during the day).

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment