29 March 2012

Lions and Tigers and Squishy. . . OH MY!

Jonathan had yesterday off of work so we decided to enjoy some much-needed family time at the Las Vegas Zoo.  I guess I have been spoiled by the Indianapolis Zoo because I was VERY disappointed in the size and quality of this zoo, BUT we had a good time nonetheless.


The animals here seemed so depressed.



The wallabies were about the only ones up and moving around.  Matty was fascinated.


And, of course, he shares Daddy's fascination with turtles.


The lay-out of the park was kinda fun, however.  Winding paths through bamboo "forests."


Seriously. . . even the monkeys just sat around.  How depressing.


The zoo did have a LOT of birds.  I'd never seen a vulture up-close before.  Look at those eyes.  CREEPY!


*Shudder.*


The creepy crawlies didn't bother Matty one bit.


Hooray! More turtles!


We tried to get a picture of Matty on the elephant.  He wasn't too sure about it (and I was worried about him sticking his hand in bird poop!)


Hooray for turtles (even stone ones!)


I think next time we'll just head to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment