01 March 2012

Happy 7 Months, MJ!

I am not normally an over-emotional person, but becoming a mother has made me a giant sap.  And today, for some reason, it hit me especially hard how fast my little boy is growing up.  I actually got a little teary-eyed before I told myself to snap out of it.  But, bless his heart, MJ must have known I was needing some special time with him.  He has never been a snuggly baby (which I like because I have always wanted to raise an independent child) and almost never sits still for more than a few moments at a time to let me love on him; he always seems to have something to do, somewhere to go, and something to shove in his mouth.  But today of all day, he sat peacefully in my lap for a half hour while we swung on our back-porch swing and let me just hug him and thank God for giving him to me.  It was one of those beautiful moments of parenting that make all the poopy diapers, sleepless nights, and piles of dirty laundry worth it.  So, thank you, MJ, for giving your momma a birthday gift. :)

Okay, anyway, enough of the sap.  Onto a recap of the past month.

You are pretty much unshakable.  Nothing seems to freak you out.  Here, your daddy decided it would be funny to give you some lemon juice.  As always, you were unflappable.


You discovered your toes this month.  And, apparently, they are delicious.


Is this the way we are supposed to be sitting in our chair?  I don't think so.


My Valentine's Day serenade.  Daddy playing his guitar and you singing along.  I think you were actually singing to your feet, but I'll take it.



Say "Peas!"


"Yeah, I'm sitting in the big boy swing.  No biggie."


You have taken quite an interest in Daddy (and Daddy has taken quite an interest in you!)  He's started "Man 101" with you.  First lesson:  grilling hamburgers.  Here, he's explaining to you how to get the coals at just the right temp for perfect burgers.  I think you just wanted to watch the fire.


Daddy has his lessons, and Mommy has hers.  It's never too early to try and teach you to read!  But, again, you were more interested in trying to eat the card.


Our little trucker. . . . eating applesauce.


Boy. . . have you EVER discovered your lungs.  I think I should buy stock in Tylenol.  Oi.



"Man 101:  Part Two."  Changing a brake light.  You really liked the shiny tools.


So close to crawling, yet so far away.  Your crawling at this point looks like a yoga pose.


We love you, sweet Squishy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment