20 March 2012

Lied Children's Discovery Museum

We have some great friends visiting from Tucson this week, the Haugh family.  This has given me a wonderful opportunity to get out and explore the "child friendly" aspect of Las Vegas.  Today, the five of us visited the Lied Children's Discovery Museum.  It was right on the outskirts of North Las Vegas, so we had to drive through the ghetto to get there, but the museum itself was so much fun!  They even had a "BabyLand Discovery Area" for kids Matty's age.  

Here, I let him scoot around on the floor and go exploring. . . and then slathered him in hand sanitizer afterwards. ;)


Shawna's little girl Kailey has taken a real liking to Matty.  I think it's safe to say she might be his first girlfriend (even though she is almost a whole year older than him).  What can I say?  My boy likes those older women.  They really had a blast in BabyLand together.

"Look, Kailey.  There are plastic frogs in here!"


"Matty!  There are plastic bugs over here in this one!"


The little old married couple, watching their separate "shows." :)


Watching the pendulum swing.  To tell you what a huge nerd I am, all I could think of was "Lost."  I was hoping Matty and I could find the Island. :)


They had a wind tunnel where you could go in an experience hurricane-force winds.  Shawna, myself, and her older daughter Skylar went in.  Here's a great picture of Shawna trying to stay up-right!


I'm not quite sure what the point of these goggles were, although you were supposed to put them on and then try to shoot a basketball.  They reminded me of the "drunk goggles" people would bring in school to try and show you how horrible alcohol really is for your body.  I'm hoping they weren't REALLY drunk goggles in a CHILDREN'S MUSEUM. . . but, then again, it IS Las Vegas. ;)


The part Matty enjoyed the most?  Looking at himself in the mirrors.  Because, of course, we don't have mirrors at home or anything.


The museum has a traveling Curious George exhibit on loan from a museum in Philadelphia.  Absolutely love this picture of Matty.


Excited to get out and explore more "child friendly" Las Vegas this week.  More pics to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment