27 July 2012

Hoosier Daddy, Part II

A few more pictures highlighting our time in Indiana. . . 

Poor kid is caught in a power struggle between Mommy and Daddy.  I allowed the Illinois onesie . . . but only if he was using his Indiana sippy cup.


We moved into my parents' current house the summer before I turned 10 years old, and we planted this tulip poplar tree (the state tree of Indiana) in the front yard that summer.  It makes me so happy to see how it has survived and thrived . . . and to see my son sitting underneath it.


Matty, look!  A dandelion!


It doesn't taste very good, Mom.


Since Daddy's away, Momma got herself a pool boy. ;)


Boy is he lucky that Buddy is such a patient dog.


Come here, Mommy.  I want to give you a hug!


Keeping an eye on things.


Lincoln Logs with his cousin, Gabe.


LOVE. THIS. PICTURE.


Hamming it up in the big red wagon, getting ready to go for a ride.


First ice cream sundae.  He really did like it, but he was ready to go play at the park.


Right before Gabe freaked out because he realized he was stuck in the baby swing.


Driving his "car" with Aunt Erin.


I picked you a flower, Mommy.


Swimming with Mamaw, Papaw, and Gabe.


Come here, Aunt Erin.  Let me show you my pool.


He really wanted to wear my IU hat.  It made me so happy. :)


Off to explore with Oskar and Gabe.


First popsicle.  Don't worry, Dad.  It was a sugar-free fruit bar. :)


Fixing Erin's license plate with Papaw.


Swimming at Jamie's.


And Jamie had a video game room.  Which game did he gravitate towards?  The football one.  Daddy would be so proud.


Aunt Erin has not learned to keep her coffee out of reach of little hands.  Luckily, it wasn't hot.


Took this picture as proof that I was not the first one to give Matty chocolate.  I had NOTHING to do with it.


Stuck in Chopper's crate.  This was right before he started to cry.


Hooray!  You figured out how to use the duck call all on your own!


Swinging with Mamaw at Columbian Park . . . 


Wallabies at Columbian Park Zoo . . . 


Looking for prairie dogs . . . 


Not too sure about the goats in the petting zoo.


Being silly with Gabe


Our little boot-legger.


"I wanna play Angry Birds, too!"


With Aunt Erin at Turtle Park after some fabulous Dari-licious ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment