01 July 2012

Happy 11-Months, MJ!  We are coming down the home stretch to your first birthday, and it seems so unreal.  By this time last year, we were arriving in Vegas and I. Was. Miserable.  You were lodged under my rib cage and, after spending three days in a car driving across country, my feet and ankles had merged together into big fat cankles.  Being homeless in 110 degree heat only added to my misery.

I'm not going to lie . . . I like you a lot better now that you're not inside me. :)

Here's a look back at some highlights from the last month.

Guess what:  Daddy is TDY is AGAIN.  And you are not pleased about it.


You won't take a pacifier, but they sure are fun to chew on . . . even if you don't put them in your mouth correctly!


First of what I'm sure will be many bloody lips, and you took it like a champ.  I freaked out more than you did.


You noticed this chair in your closet a few weeks ago, and you HAD to see it.  It was so depressing to place you in it, as I remember when I had to put blankets on either side of you to keep you from sliding out.  Now look at you.


Best buddies.


Hero pose . . . or Tebowing.


Are you stuck? ;)


Please don't make me wear Illinois clothes!


Peek-a-boo in the curtains is your new favorite game.




Water baby. :)


The first time I felt you kick, I was reading a book about Pablo Picasso.  So I was not surprised that you loved "finger painting."


You can sleep anywhere and in any position.


Capt. Squige Butt.


First visit to Colorado.


First time on the farm at the site of our future home in Illinois.


Playing with Buddy dog.


Welcome to Indiana!


One more month, kiddo.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment