27 June 2012

52-Week Challenge: Week Twenty-Six

I am WAY behind this week.  As some of you may know, I've been hankering for a much-needed vacation back in the midwest and, out of the blue, the opportunity came up and I seized it.  So, I have been traveling for the past several days and unable to post a quick blog about this week's challenge.  But, better late than never, so here we go:

This week's challenge is to eat two servings per week of 3-3.5 ounces of seafood.

Yuck.

Obviously, I am a midwestern girl.  And in the midwest, we eat BEEF.  Period.  I have never been much for seafood.  And, honestly, since I'm at my parents' house, and its my momma who does the cooking, I don't think I'll be eating much seafood.  HOWEVER, I will make it a point to try and order seafood whenever we go out to eat.  And maybe I'll look into vitamin supplements.  Is that a good compromise?

Because there really are a lot of health benefits to eating seafood.  Fish is high in omega-3s, which reduce the risk of heart disease, as well as cholesterol and blood pressure.  It's also high in protein but low in calories, which is helpful in maintaining and losing weight.

Okay, best of luck.  And sorry for the short notice this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment