23 December 2012

52-Week Challenge: Week Fifty-Two

This is it.  The final challenge of my year-long adventure.  And boy, is it a doozy.  I'll try to keep my personal opinions to a minimum on this one . . .

The challenge this week is to cultivate your own personal form of spirituality.

It's hard for me to post on something as generic (in my opinion) as the rise of this concept of "spirituality."  So, instead, I'll just let science do the talking.  "Spirituality" has been shown to have tremendous health benefits.  It strengthens the immune system and reduces stress, resulting in slowed heart rate, as well as lowered blood pressure and stress hormone levels.

In order to keep off my tangent, I'm simply going to encourage you, if you don't have one already, to explore different religions and see which one fits you.  As a Christian, I obviously have a very strong preference, but I'd much rather see you exploring any and all religions than simply saying you are "spiritual" without having any real understanding about ANY religion.  To me, saying you are "spiritual" is a cop-out for really saying that, while you believe in God, you choose not to go any deeper and, therefore, are not bound by any moral code except your own.

Okay.  Tangent off.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment