30 November 2012

More "Fall" Fun

It's just now beginning to feel like fall here in Vegas.  Yep, I know it's almost December but, even for Las Vegas, we had an abnormally warm fall.  For example, I hung up my Halloween decorations in 97 degree heat.  Ridiculous.  The weather now is consistently in the sixties and the howling wind that accompanies Vegas winters has returned.  This means that the leaves on the trees in our backyard never even really had a chance to turn; they just started falling off.  Normally a leaf-covered yard doesn't bother me but because it seems to kill our oh-so-delicate grass, I decided to rake it today.  And, of course, Matty had to help.

I threw him in the leaf pile, and he wasn't quite sure what to think.



Finally deciding he likes it and throwing leaves up in the air.


I decided the yard looked good enough and that I was finished . . . but Matty didn't think so.


He struggled a little bit to get the thing up-right.


Tidying up my mess.  Apparently my child has inherited my OCD.


When that proved to be too much, he began picking up leaves individually and putting them in the pile. *Sigh*  Why can't he be this meticulous with picking up toys?


Raking was fun, but bagging it was not.  He gave up on me after about 5 minutes and decided to go play rocks.  Stinker.


No comments:

Post a Comment