01 June 2010

God Bless America!

Living overseas is an amazing experience, but there are many, many things that just don't compare with living in the States. While I was home, I got to experience a few of them. So, without further ado, here is a very short list of what I love about America (in no particular order):

1. Arby's Beef and Cheddar (I wanted one as soon as I stepped off the plane in Indy. . . forget the 24 hour travel time and intense jet lag---get me to an Arby's STAT!)


2. My nephew, Gabe. Even when he didn't recognize me with my sunglasses on and is often covered in chocolate, I love this kid.


3. Busch Stadium and the St. Louis Cardinals. Period.


4. My extended family (here represented by my sister-in-law Amy and my nephews Philip and Gabriel)


5. My in-laws. . . no, I really do love my in-laws. I am blessed. :)


6. My fur-nephew Chippity-Chop (here pre-groomer and looking like a character out of a Dr. Seuss book. . . seriously, look at the hair on his feet and tell me that doesn't look like the Grinch.)


7. William George Patterson and his willingness to let us take funny pictures of him:


8. Karen Boggs (Patterson), who will always be my best friend in the world, no matter how long I'm overseas:


9. The great state of Indiana. We're Hoosiers: quiet, backwards, and a little bit old-fashioned. . . and I love it.


10. My family. Out of all the ones I belong to, this one is the best :)







No comments:

Post a Comment