10 June 2010

Korean Flower Market

I've been in Korea for almost a year, and I have never been to the Korean Flower Market until today. I know, it's shocking. BUT, my good friend Nicole is getting ready to PCS (that's military for "move") back to the States next month, and she wanted one last trip so I thought: what better time to go than now? So anyways, we braved the Korean highway and made our way to the market, which is up near Seoul. This is a look at the outside of the building. I never would have found it if it wasn't for Nicole.



But this ugly, drab Korean building houses some of the most beautiful (and cheapest) flowers I have ever seen.


You want some long-stem roses? 2000 won for a bunch; that's about $1.50. I'm not kidding.








There were also sunflowers GALORE. And anyone who has been in my apartment knows how much I love sunflowers. I was in absolute heaven.





It's hard to tell from this picture, but the place is huge. There were two floors like this one, just covered in flowers. And, keep in mind, this was just ONE of the buildings.





Cheap gerber daises of every imaginable color. . .


So with all of these choices, where do you even start? I was a good girl and brought only 20,000 won so that I wouldn't go TOO crazy. But, that meant I had to choose my flowers carefully. After walking around and around the building, I finally admitted to myself: "Who am I kidding?"


And I bought some sunflowers :)


And I still had plenty of won left over for the next trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment