06 February 2012

52-Week Challenge: Week Six

Sorry that this post is coming a day late this week.  I had a house full of pilots yesterday for the Super Bowl, and there was no way I was going to get anything done besides making sure that nothing got broken or set on fire. :)

Anyways, how did everyone do with last week's challenge of "thinking positively?"  Unfortunately, mine was perhaps a little too easy to do.  Last week brought bad news from friends all across the globe, as loss and tragedy seemed to strike friends both near and far.  My immediate family even suffered a sad loss.  Although this would normally lead to the OPPOSITE of the challenge (i.e. being extremely negative) for most people, for me, it had unexpected side effect of making me so grateful for everything in my life.  There was no way for me to be negative about the small, petty things that normally made me annoyed or pessimistic when so many of my friends and family were genuinely hurting with REAL problems.  And witnessing my sister's unwavering faith despite her sad loss was a real turning point to challenge MY faith to trust in God no matter WHAT---and to "give thanks in all circumstances."

So, honestly, I didn't really do any of the things I said I was going to do to keep the "glass half-full" mentality.  However, I plan on keeping those things in the back of my mine in case this renewed sense of gratefulness and faithfulness wears off and I need a pick me up to get me back into a positive frame of mine.

Now, on to week six.  This week's challenge is to take a multivitamin.  Luckily, being pregnant already put me into this habit; I religiously take one every morning with breakfast.  (And that's my tip for those who will be starting up this routine for the first time this week---keep your multivitamin near your breakfast foods.  It's easier to remember to take it if you SEE it every morning when you grab your cereal or your bagel.)

Since I already take a multivitamin, I'm going to take the next step and do the "extra credit" this week:  taking a probiotic, although I'm not really sure how.  The author mentions probiotic yogurt, but I'm not a huge yogurt fan.  Does anyone know if probiotics come in a pill form that I can just take with my morning vitamin?  Does anyone do this already?  Any guidance will be helpful!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment