15 December 2011

Vegas "Winter"

Now this is the kind of winter I like.  I can see the snow, but I don't have to deal with it AND it's still in the mid-fifties here in the valley.  Hoodie weather all winter?  I think I'll really like this whole Vegas "winter" thing. :)

This is the view of the mountains from our sub-division.  We are as far west as you can get and still be considered in Las Vegas.  In fact, the east/west streets in our sub-division end in the foothills of the Spring Mountains, and this picture was taken at the end of one of those streets. :)


And here's another view of the mountains from the park across the street from our sub-division, giving a wider view of what we get to see every day.  


Yes, okay. . . living in the desert is growing on me.  I hated it at first, but it was mid-July when we got here, hotter than Hades, and I was 8 months pregnant.  But now I'm seeing that the desert is pretty in its own way. . . and this "winter" is certainly helping its case. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment