18 November 2011

Merry. . . Thanksgiving?

I've always made it a rule not to put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.  I LOVE Christmas, but I do agree with the "one holiday at a time" rule.  However, since we're spending Thanksgiving away from home this year, including the day after Thanksgiving (the traditional put-up-the-tree day), I decided to decorate early.  I wanted the house to be cozy and Christmas-y when the boys and I returned from Tucson.  It was no easy task considering that all of our decorations were on the top shelf in our garage surrounded by odds and ends that are waiting to find their new home in Illinois (a bar? Yeah, like we have room for THAT in our house).  Anyways, with only a couple of falls, a few dropped boxes, and (luckily) no broken backs, I managed to decorate the inside of the house. . . all while MJ was napping. :)




And, of course, it wouldn't be Christmas unless half our light strands didn't work so, as soon as we return, a trip to Target will be in order to grab some lights for the banister. . . and I'm going to ATTEMPT to put up Christmas lights outside.  THAT should be even more interesting than the acrobatics I performed to get the decorations out of the garage!

Anyways, MJ was mesmerized when he woke up from his nap.  One guess at what he's looking at in this picture. . . 



And he continued to stare at the tree for the rest of the afternoon.  Pretty soon, I gave up trying to play with him and just gave him some tummy time in front of the lights.  Oskar decided to join him. :)


Merry. . . Thanksgiving, everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment