02 October 2011

A Play-date With My Other Child (the Furry One)

I've had a serious lack of posts about our "first-born" on here lately, but rest assured:  Oskar is still getting plenty of attention in the Wright household.  He LOVES his little brother, but he does get a little jealous about how much time MJ takes away from HIS time with Mommy.  So one recent afternoon, I left Matty with Jonathan and took Oskar to a local dog park for some "mommy and me" time.

I'll give Vegas credit:  it has a LOT of city parks, which I absolutely love.  They are currently building one right across from our sub-division, and I cannot WAIT until it's finished.  Until then, we've been scoping out various parks around the area, and I decided to take Oskar to Winding Trails Park today.


The park was small but not crowded (which I appreciate), and it had two separate doggy play areas, one for big dogs and one for small dogs.  Which do you think Oskar went to?

"What do you mean I'm not a big dog?!"


This park was a little LOT different from the dog park in Korea.  Mainly. . . there was no grass!  Ahh. . . life in the desert.


But it was MUCH bigger and with far less dog feces than the one in Korea, too, so Oskar and I were happy.  He had a blast running around and chasing his ball but, even though it's October, it's still EXTREMELY hot in Vegas, and it wasn't long before he began grabbing his ball and heading straight for the nearest shade tree.  Can you spot the wiener dog in this picture?


"Alright, Mom, this has been fun. . . but I am ROASTING out here!"


And the best thing about this dog park?  You have to take a car ride to get there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment