23 March 2011

Oskar and Flat Stanley

So my nephew Gabe is doing a "Flat Stanley" project for his school. For those of you who don't know, "Flat Stanley" is the name of a book in which a little boy named Stanley gets flattened and then mails himself to different places. For his project, Gabe chose me as his destination, and I got a little, flat "Gabe" in the mail. Despite the fact that he was sending his "Flat Stanley" to a foreign country, where I could possibly take pictures with it in lots of interesting places, he was adamant about one thing: I had to get a picture of it with Oskar. Now, despite the overwhelming number of pictures I have of OKB that might speak to the contrary, this dog HATES getting his picture taken. I swear, any good picture we have of him is pure luck. Anyway, I knew getting his picture taken with "Flat Stanley" would be an adventure. What follows are just a few of the series of pictures I took in attempt to get ONE good picture for Gabe's project:

Picture One: "What the heck are you doing? What is this thing?"


Picture Two: After multiple "no's" and "stop biting it," I promptly got the "I am completely ignoring you" face.


Picture Three: He finally got fed up and tried to jump off the couch. I stopped him and reset the "Flat Stanley." His look says it all: "I really hate you right now."


Picture Four: After trying everything I could think of to get him to look at me, I finally mentioned the word "cheese," and which point I was able to snap this picture. This is his "I'm only doing this to humor you until I get my treat" face.


After giving him the promised piece of cheese, he hid behind the couch for the rest of the afternoon. So very sorry, Your Majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment