17 April 2010

Spring is Here--Kinda. . .

Hello all! Well, after surviving my first loooooooooooong Korean winter, I'm excited to announce that spring is finally arriving on the ROK. It's not nearly as beautiful and colorful as a German spring, but I'll take ANYTHING over the freezing cold temperatures and dead, lifeless vegetation we've been seeing for the past 6 months. This morning, Oskar and I took a walk around base to snap some pictures of the signs of life popping up everywhere:


FINALLY....some green!

I absolutely LOVE these cherry blossom trees. Aren't they gorgeous?


Just BEAUTIFUL!

I'm not sure if these are planted here or growing wild. Either way, it sure does brighten up the drive through base!


These trees are all around Mustang Valley, and they sure do add a nice touch to the abandoned housing ;)



Beautiful big white blossoms. . .


And, along the flight line: the promise of more things to come!


My one complaint about the Korean spring, besides the fact that its taken forever to get here (and is STILL taking its sweet time as far as the temperatures are concerned)? The dead grass!


I mean, really: come on! Where's the green? Why does it still look like this? My poor dog has been playing on dried up dead blades for six months, and I'm starting to think I'm going green-color-blind. The flowers are gorgeous--but bring on the GREEN!

I took a lot more pictures than these. If you want to see more, visit our Shutterfly Photo Sharing Site. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment