10 June 2011

An Indiana Kind of Baby Shower

My family threw Baby W. a small shower today to celebrate his up-coming arrival. I didn't want anything big with games or birthing stories, so we chose to do a low-key luncheon with family and a few close friends--it was perfect! Due to our transcontinental move and subsequent drive out to Vegas, most people opted for gift cards (which are wonderful), but I had to share a few pics of some of the cutest little gifts I received.

My absolutely DELICIOUS and beautiful cupcake cake. Baby W. THROUGHLY enjoyed a few of these ;)


From my cousin Nikki. How in the world did she guess the nursery was going to be full of airplane stuff? ;)


From my sweet, sweet grandma. . .


From my best friend Angie. Another wiener dog onesie! This kid will definitely be a dachshund lover like his momma. ;)


From my sister. This kid will definitely not forget his midwest roots (or where Grandpa works!)


One guess who this one is from. . .


My nephew wanted to come to the shower even though we told him he would be the only boy there (so sweet!) So I let him help me open a few gifts.


From my mom. Again, this kid will never forget where he's from!


Thank you to everyone who came out and thank you so much for all the wonderful gifts (and gift cards!) I'm so glad I got to celebrate Baby W. with all of you while I was home!


No comments:

Post a Comment